Selected sections of Egyptian hieroglyphs - for clarity
Egyptian hieroglyphs were the formal writing system used in Ancient Egypt. Hieroglyphs combined logographic, syllabic and alphabetic elements, with a total of some 1,000 distinct characters. Cursive hieroglyphs were used for religious literature on papyrus and wood.
Awesome achievements and Legacy of ancient Egypt:
1. Belief in Gods
2. Solar calendar
3. Society based on Laws
3. Precise mathematics for measurements - integers and fractions - the decimal system
4. Geometry, algebra - quadratic formula. Like the triangles area formula A=1/2 ( bh)
5. Volume, area, basics of structures. methodical calculation processes
Hieroglyphic signs are divided into four categories:
- Alphabetic signs represent a single sound. Unfortunately the Egyptians took most vowels for granted and did not represent such as ‘e’ or ‘v’. So we may never know how the words were formed.
- Syllabic signs represent a combination of two or three consonants.
- Word-signs are pictures of objects used as the words for those objects. they are followed by an upright stroke, to indicate that the word is complete in one sign.
- A determinative is a picture of an object which helps the reader. For example; if a word expressed an abstract idea, a picture of a roll of papyrus tied up and sealed was included to show that the meaning of the word could be expressed in writing although not pictorially.
Image rights/Processing: - Raul Garcia Yunque.Store Licensed from Dreamstimes
Images cropped and slightly modified manually/digitally to improve contrast, colors and quality.
About the Egyptian Religions:
Ancient Egyptian religion was a complex system of polytheistic beliefs and rituals that formed an integral part of ancient Egyptian society. It centered on the Egyptians' interactions with many deities believed to be present in, and in control of, the world
The many achievements of the ancient Egyptians include the quarrying, surveying and construction techniques that supported the building of monumental pyramids, temples, and obelisks; a system of mathematics, a practical and effective system of medicine, irrigation systems and agricultural production techniques.
About the Framed canvas:
Printed in the USA by CGI Prints with a certified quality of 95% by Printify.
Walls can display one's personality! These canvas with high quality print will always look as tight and flat as the day they were made. Every frame is built with a solid face to support the canvas and prevent deforming.
.: 100% Cotton fabric
.: Recycled plastic frame
.: High image quality and detail
.: For indoor use