Egypt's 20M Capital Cairo - Home of Ancient Museums
Cairo is a unique modern city in the ancient Nile river - evolving from the worlds most ancient civilization...our collection ends with this modern view of Egypt.
Cairo has the oldest and largest film and music industries in the Arab world, as well as the world's second-oldest institution of higher learning, Al-Azhar University. Many international media, businesses, and organizations have regional headquarters in the city; the Arab League has had its headquarters in Cairo for most of its existence.
With a population of over 9 million spread over 3,085 square kilometers (1,191 sq mi), Cairo is by far the largest city in Egypt. An additional 9.5 million inhabitants live in close proximity to the city. Cairo, like many other megacities, suffers from high levels of pollution and traffic.
The Cairo Metro is one of the only two metro systems in Africa (the other being in Algiers, Algeria), and ranks among the fifteen busiest in the world, with over 1 billion annual passenger rides. The economy of Cairo was ranked first in the Middle East in 2005.
Below we have over 100 museums available to visitors of Cairo:
Video virtual museum tour:
King Tut PBS special:
Awesome achievements and Legacy of ancient Egypt:
1. Belief in Gods
2. Solar calendar
3. Society based on Laws
3. Precise mathematics for measurements - integers and fractions - the decimal system
4. Geometry, algebra - quadratic formula. Like the triangles area formula A=1/2 ( bh)
5. Volume, area, basics of structures. methodical calculation processes
Hieroglyphic signs are divided into four categories:
- Alphabetic signs represent a single sound. Unfortunately the Egyptians took most vowels for granted and did not represent such as ‘e’ or ‘v’. So we may never know how the words were formed.
- Syllabic signs represent a combination of two or three consonants.
- Word-signs are pictures of objects used as the words for those objects. they are followed by an upright stroke, to indicate that the word is complete in one sign.
- A determinative is a picture of an object which helps the reader. For example; if a word expressed an abstract idea, a picture of a roll of papyrus tied up and sealed was included to show that the meaning of the word could be expressed in writing although not pictorially.
Image rights/Processing: - Raul Garcia Yunque.Store Licensed from Dreamstimes
Images cropped and slightly modified manually/digitally to improve contrast, colors and quality.
About the Egyptian Religions:
Ancient Egyptian religion was a complex system of polytheistic beliefs and rituals that formed an integral part of ancient Egyptian society. It centered on the Egyptians' interactions with many deities believed to be present in, and in control of, the world
The many achievements of the ancient Egyptians include the quarrying, surveying and construction techniques that supported the building of monumental pyramids, temples, and obelisks; a system of mathematics, a practical and effective system of medicine, irrigation systems and agricultural production techniques.
About the Framed canvas:
Printed in the USA by CGI Prints with a certified quality of 95% by Printify.
Walls can display one's personality! These canvas with high quality print will always look as tight and flat as the day they were made. Every frame is built with a solid face to support the canvas and prevent deforming.
.: 100% Cotton fabric
.: Recycled plastic frame
.: High image quality and detail
.: For indoor use