Great Mosques of the Muslim Faith
Al-Masjid al-Nabawi (The Mosque of the Prophet) in Medina, the second holiest mosque in Islam, in Medina, Saudi Arabia
Glory to Allah, all praise belongs to Allah, Allah is the Greatest.
Bring blessings and holiness to your home, office or room with these posters - Glory to Allah.
Capacity - 1,000,000 - Built - 640. Area 380,000 m2,
The the tomb of Muhammad is located here - in the Green Dome of the mosque.
Also remember, the more difficult the trial, the greater the blessings and the reward.
We pray for your success, guidance and prosperity.
And Allah knows best.
Direct live web link to Mecca: https://makkahlive.net/makkahlive.aspx
About the Framed poster:
The matte black frame that's made from wood from renewable forests.
• Alder, semi-hardwood frame
• Black .75” thick frame
• Acrylite front protector
• Hanging hardware included
(The Mosque of the Prophet) in Medina:
(Arabic: ٱلْـمَـسْـجِـدُ ٱلـنَّـبَـوِيّ, "The Prophet's
Mosque") is a mosque established
and originally built by the Islamic
prophet Muhammad, situated in the
city of Medina. It was the third
mosque built in the history of
Islam, and is now one of the largest
mosques in the world. It is the second-holiest
site in Islam, after the Great Mosque
in Mecca.It is always open, regardless
of date or time.
The site was originally adjacent to
Muhammad's house; he settled there
after his migration from Mecca to
Medina in 622. He shared in the heavy
work of construction.
The original mosque was an open-air
building. The mosque served as a
community center, a court, and a
religious school. There was a raised
platform for the people who taught
the Quran. Subsequent Islamic rulers
greatly expanded and decorated it.
In 1909, it became the first place in the
Arabian Peninsula to be provided with
electrical lights. The mosque is under
the control of the Custodian of the
Two Holy Mosques. The mosque is
located in what was traditionally the
center of Medina, with many hotels
and old markets nearby. It is a major
pilgrimage site. Many pilgrims who
perform the Hajj go on to Medina to
visit the mosque, due to its connection
After an expansion during the reign
of the Umayyad caliph al-Walid I,
it now incorporates the final resting
place of Muhammad and the first two
Rashidun caliphs Abu Bakr and Umar.
One of the most notable features of
the site is the Green Dome in the
south-east corner of the mosque,
originally Aisha's house, where the
tomb of Muhammad is located. The
current dome was added in 1818 by
the Ottoman sultan Mahmud II, and
it was first painted green in 1837,
hence becoming known
as the "Green Dome".
Other related references: